1 CLIENT PROJECT
During my first semester studying my Public Relations masters I took part in a team project with Leeds based PR firm Harris Associates. Our team was a very diverse group of individuals from all over the world, and we came together to create a great pitch to the firm.
Client – Harris Associates
Brief – To gain more clients in the built environment.
- Position the consultancy as innovative and proactive
- Alter public perceptions surrounding the built environment and who it affects.
- Educate Clients (current/future) on what this sector will entail in upcoming years.
- Increase Brand awareness of Harris in built sector and surrounding community
- Idea – Building a better Yorkshire. A regeneration project. The building of Harris associates is in a converted church and there are a lot of other abandoned buildings in Leeds which need some love. As Harris Associates specialises with the built sector, we thought this as a perfect opportunity to work with a local charity and regenerate a building, or floor to use as a multi-space that the community of Leeds could use. With the help of their client’s/future clients and contacts in the industry, to come together in this CSR project; sustainable development for the greater good. The space would be sponsored by Harris Associates and it has the potential for the firms and charities to be changed annually.
This idea was a team effort, in our group of five we gave each other roles and responsibilities to achieve a great team where we worked together in our roles. We met at least once a week which increased our team efforts as we got to know each other really well – something I think is most important to achieve whilst working on a team. This great group work led us to being successful as the firm wanted to incorporate our idea within one of their campaigns.
2 CLIENT PROJECT (2)
- Client – IKEA
- The brief – To Gain an understanding for the student market in Leeds and build awareness of the IKEA brand with students in Leeds.
- Out team was a diverse group, and we all came together with our different backgrounds of education, different cultures to co-create well rounded ideas that we pitched to IKEA.
- We conducted primary and secondary research of student buying habits in Leeds. We surveyed students from the three major universities in Leeds to gain insight.
- From discovering the term ‘student’ cannot be used generally we came up with several ideas to target every student demographic. Including a Student card, which I created a mock up for:
- Our other ideas included a way to increase the accessibility to the IKEA store for students, student packs, twitter competitions and the launch of a project within the build environment, all would be advertised at Universities Freshers Fairs.
A mock up I designed for the presentation
- During the length of the project I was able to enhance my consideration and participation within my team. I also presented our ideas to a selected number of staff from IKEA, although this was an overwhelming experience I had more confidence in my ability to publicly speak because of the number of presentations and rehearsals I have been part of throughout university life whilst working on team projects. We were all pleased when our months of hard work and planning led us to being chosen as the winning team by the members of staff at IKEA.
Our team for the IKEA project
To see more of my skills and experiences please have a look at my online CV.